Learn Top Affiliate Secrets
Affiliate marketing is by far the fastest way to get started earning a living online. What "affiliate marketing" means is that you just refer visitors to someone else's website, they make the sale and deliver the product, and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission, which for digital products can be 50% of more.
The benefits of this are
- You can get started really quickly because you don't have to make a product, craft a sales letter, design the website, develop marketing materials, or get a merchant account and CRM.
- It runs on auto-pilotfor you because you don't have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- There's no risk for you, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So you know that your traffic will result in sales.
There's no denying that these benefits make affiliate marketing the best thing going!
The downside is...
Once you send your visitors to the product sales page, they are gone forever. Less than 10% of the visitors your send will actually buy the product. The 10% or less that make a purchase now belong to the product owner. She can sell them additional products, but you can never sell to them again.
How can you avoid this pitfall?
What you need to do is capture the contact info of your visitors before sending them to the product website. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you're a super star affiliate, you'll provide high-quality content before sending them to the product website.
Here's why you want to implement these affiliate marketing strategies:
- By building your own list, you're creating a renewable resource that you can tap again and again for instant profits.
- You'll be warming them up by providing valuable information and then casually linking to the product sales page in the context of this information.
Here's what you'll need to create affiliate tools like this:
- A Video Squeeze Page (with video)
- One or more content-rich "warm up" pages
- An email series with at least 5 high-quality content emails
The video squeeze page is where you'll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. This page is where you collect your visitors' contact info and add them to your autoresponder, which in turn starts sending them the multi-part email series. Once your visitors have been subscribed to your email series, they are sent to your content pages.
These high-quality content pages provide value and build good will. This way your visitor is more likely to buy when they get to the product owner's website. And at the same time, the email series begins following up with them to get them back to the sales page, in case they don't buy on the first visit.
There's no doubt that it's worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. After setting it up, you simply send visitors to your squeeze page instead of the sales page. And the rest runs on auto-pilot.
Setting it all up yourself requires some skill, and if you're not up to it, you can use a service like Affiliate Silver Bullet. With a service like that, you don't have to do anything. They make the video, build the squeeze page, write the email series, develop the content mini-site, etc. And then just give you a finished package. The major benefit of using a service like this is that you can get started right away, and for a whole lot less than it would cost to do it all yourself. The drawback is that you won't be the only one using these affiliate tools. But the internet is huge, so this shouldn't really affect you.
Alternatively, you can use a service like Elance to "outsource" each of these compnents. Whichever way you decided to go, it's critical to get an affiliate marketing system like this in place, if you're at all serious about your business.